Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I was preparing another recipe for sous vide and ended up making so many changes it was a completely new recipe.
- 2721.55-3628.73 g pork butt (shoulder)
- 59.14 ml vinegar, apple cider
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml garlic, granulated
- 9.85 ml lemon peel
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 9.85 ml ground cloves (optional)
Mango Bourbon Sauce
- 59.16 ml honey
- 113.39 g Bourbon
- 566.99-850.48 g barbecue sauce, Quick and Tasty, BBQ Sauce - Quick and Tasty
- Preheat your sous vide water to 165°F.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated garlic, black pepper, lemon peel and kosher salt (and cloves, if using).
- Trim the pork as needed and cut into pieces no more than 2 inches thick. Rub with the above mix.
- Place in a large vacuum bad and add vinegar. Seal.
- Place in your sous vide for no less than 18 and up to 48 hours.
- Take pork from bag and pull it apart with 2 forks.
- Now you have 3 choices:.
- 1 - Use another sauce or choice of sauces and serve next to the pork.
- 2 - Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a pan and heating through. Serve on the side of the pork.
- 3 - Place all the sauce ingredients in a slow cooker, mix and heat. Add the shredded pork and mix. Heat for 1-2 hours and serve from the crock pot.