Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I made up this version of a trifle. It is one of the tastiest desserts you will ever eat. (This is a recipe I adopted from the Zaar account.)
- 1 chez pannise almond cake (see Chez Panisse Almond Cake)
- 2 cups lenotre pastry cream (see Lenotre Pastry Cream)
- 6 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- 4 pints blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened passion fruit puree (2/3 cup sugar dissolve by boiling in 1 cup passionfruit puree)
- Cut almond cake into 4 layers.
- Line the bottom of a glass bowl with one layer of cake, spread on 1/2 cup pastry cream, top with 1/4 of the mangoes, blueberries and sweetened passionfruit puree.
- Add another layer of cake and repeat the layering process until done.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spoon out to serve.
This is an incredible dessert. I had to substitue star fruit for the passion fruit because our grocery does not get passion fruit in the summer. It was still delicious! Both my children and husband loved it!