1/2 Photos of Mango Blueberry Muffins
Chef Jean's Note:
These tropical mango blueberry muffins will brighten up your morning, or sweetly accompany your afternoon coffee. Mango and blueberry pair well together, and the lime lends a nice burst of citrus. A touch of almond flavoring brings out all three fruit flavors. The puréed mango adds moisture to these muffins, and they keep for several days in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup mango, cubed (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
For the Glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line muffin tin with paper liners (enough for 12 muffins).
- 3Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugars together in a large bowl.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and almond flavoring.
- 5In a blender or food processor, purée the mango with the lime juice until smooth.
- 6Gently mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just barely mixed.
- 7Fold in the mango purée until just barely mixed.
- 8Toss the blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour and gently fold in blueberries.
- 9Fill muffin tins with about 1/3 cup batter, or almost to the top.
- 10Bake at 425 for 5 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes.
- 11Check for doneness: muffins should be domed on top and spring back to the touch. If they do not spring back, bake for 5 minutes more, or until done.
- 12Cool in pan on a rack.
- 13Make the glaze: Melt the butter, and gently whisk in 1/2 of the powdered sugar.
- 14Add the flavorings and the other half of the powdered sugar. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze has a slightly runny consistency.
- 15Place the glaze in a bowl. Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze. Sprinkle muffins with coconut and sliced almonds if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 290.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g