Recipe by Paris D
We eat this without the greens, but plan to try it with the greens next time we make it.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1⁄3 cup barley (the regular kind)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mesclun
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl or plastic bag, marinate chicken in the hot sauce for 20 minutes.
- Saute chicken until cooked through. Stir in 2 T blue cheese.
- Cook barley in 2 cups water (we used homemade chicken broth instead) according to package directions.
- Toss warm barley with toasted pecan pieces, mango, and remaining crumbled blue cheese.
- Toss with field greens or mesclun. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.