1/1 Photo of Mango, Blackberry Cassis, and Vanilla Mosaic
3 hrs 45 mins
tornadoes three's Note:
If you're searching for a show stopping dessert (that is secretly easy to make) to serve company, look no further. Each gorgeous — and delicious — tricolored slice is a canvas of decorative swirls: vibrant orange, deep purple, and creamy white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sorbet and ice cream in refrigerator until evenly softened, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, purée blackberries, sugar, and cassis in a blender until smooth, then strain thourough a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, pressing on and then discarding solids. Freeze to thicken slightly until ice cream is ready, 20 to 40 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- 3Lightly oil loaf pan, then cut a piece of parchment to fit bottom and long sides of pan, leaving at least 3 inches of overhang on each side.
- 4Fill pan decoratively with spoonfuls of sorbet and ice cream, pressing down and filling empty spaces with blackberry purée as you go. Smooth top, pressing down with back of spoon to eliminutesate air spaces, then fold parchment flaps over top and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- 5To unmold, run a thin knife along short sides of pan to loosen mosaic, then open parchment and invert onto a flat serving dish, discarding parchment.
- 6Cut mosaic into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 7Cooks' note: Mosaic can be made 5 days ahead and frozen, covered with plastic wrap.
- 8Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango, Blackberry Cassis, and Vanilla Mosaic
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 23.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis