Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Fine Cooking's "Cooking Fresh." My version doesn't use oil. This is a refreshing salsa/salad that can be served over spiced fish or chicken. We even served it over chili spiced grilled pork chops! It is tasty cold and warmed as well.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I like Westbrae Organic)
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and chopped (5 oz)
- 1 medium tomatillo, paper covering discarded and diced (3 oz)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped (1.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Store in refrigerator.
I reviewed this with the spiced tilapia recipe, but just on the salsa alone, I'll say here, too, that I really liked the salsa even if it wasn't my other half's favorite. I do love the idea, though, so I might just alter the salsa a bit to get something we both love. Still a winner!