Recipe by yogiclarebear
From Fine Cooking's "Cooking Fresh." My version doesn't use oil. This is a refreshing salsa/salad that can be served over spiced fish or chicken. We even served it over chili spiced grilled pork chops! It is tasty cold and warmed as well.
Top Review by Maggie, Cooking
I reviewed this with the spiced tilapia recipe, but just on the salsa alone, I'll say here, too, that I really liked the salsa even if it wasn't my other half's favorite. I do love the idea, though, so I might just alter the salsa a bit to get something we both love. Still a winner!
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I like Westbrae Organic)
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and chopped (5 oz)
- 1 medium tomatillo, paper covering discarded and diced (3 oz)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped (1.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper