Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad makes a great accompaniment to chicken and fish dishes - or just eat it alone. It is meant to be served room temperature or chilled.
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb string bean, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- Steam cook the string beans until bright green and still crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool with cold water or ice before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- Meanwhile, put all other prepared ingredients into a big bowl and mix them together.
- Add the string beans, mix again.
- Cover bowl and place into refrigerator to chill.
- This taste best if made a couple hours before it is served.
This recipe make for an unusually enjoyable salad, since we really liked the combo of mango & the 2 beans! VERY, VERY NICE, & easy to prepare, too! Will be making this one again, especially as the weather warms up! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]