Recipe by Tese
This salad makes a great accompaniment to chicken and fish dishes - or just eat it alone. It is meant to be served room temperature or chilled.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This recipe make for an unusually enjoyable salad, since we really liked the combo of mango & the 2 beans! VERY, VERY NICE, & easy to prepare, too! Will be making this one again, especially as the weather warms up! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb string bean, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam cook the string beans until bright green and still crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool with cold water or ice before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- Meanwhile, put all other prepared ingredients into a big bowl and mix them together.
- Add the string beans, mix again.
- Cover bowl and place into refrigerator to chill.
- This taste best if made a couple hours before it is served.