Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet and tangy barbeque sauce.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Combine mango, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and ketchup in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush chicken with sauce and grill over medium high heat until chicken is fully cooked; basting with sauce as chicken cooks.
- Alternately, cover chicken with sauce and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
This was very good. We used the extra sauce on our rice and steamed broccoli. I give it a 4 and my husband gives it a 3.
I really loved the flavor of this chicken, but my fiance thought it was just so-so (hence the 4-star rating -- I split the difference). It easy and different, and especially good if you use a high-quality, organic ketchup since the tomato flavor is so much brighter and clearer that way.