Recipe by LifeIsGood
Take me back to the Caribbean! Ripe mangoes are important for that Caribbean flavor, buy them in advance and allow them to ripen. The mango flavor is balanced by banana, lime juice and dark rum. Yum! Credit goes to Ina Garten.
Top Review by alligirl
Wowser, this is fab! DH wants more already! I reduced for 2 and my mangoes weren't dark orange, but the flavor is fab! Fresh fruit and booze - 2 of my fave combinations! LOL Thanks for sharing a winner, LifeIsGood - I'll be sharing it with friends, soon enough!
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, chopped (about 2 mangoes peeled and seeded)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar syrup (see notes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark rum
- mango, slices for serving
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mango, banana, lime juice, sugar syrup (see note) and rum in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of ice and process again until smooth and thick.
- Serve ice-cold in highball glasses with mango slices.
- Note: To make sugar syrup, heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Chill.