Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take me back to the Caribbean! Ripe mangoes are important for that Caribbean flavor, buy them in advance and allow them to ripen. The mango flavor is balanced by banana, lime juice and dark rum. Yum! Credit goes to Ina Garten.
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, chopped (about 2 mangoes peeled and seeded)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar syrup (see notes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark rum
- mango, slices for serving
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place the mango, banana, lime juice, sugar syrup (see note) and rum in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of ice and process again until smooth and thick.
- Serve ice-cold in highball glasses with mango slices.
- Note: To make sugar syrup, heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Chill.
Wowser, this is fab! DH wants more already! I reduced for 2 and my mangoes weren't dark orange, but the flavor is fab! Fresh fruit and booze - 2 of my fave combinations! LOL Thanks for sharing a winner, LifeIsGood - I'll be sharing it with friends, soon enough!
I do love daiquiris and this tropical rendition is fantastic. Loved the fresh mango in it.
Delicious! The flavors really go together well. We especially loved this use of fresh mango. Thanks for sharing!