Recipe by mliss29
From Raw Food Celebrations - Party Menus for Every Occasion by Nomi Shannon and Sheryl Duruz. It's due back to the library tomorrow and this looks good! "Make this custard within a few hours of serving to avoid oxidation and darkening of the fruits."
- 6 large bananas, ripe
- 4 mangoes, ripe
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts or 2⁄3 cup cashews
- 1 vanilla bean
- vanilla bean, grated (optional)
- vanilla bean seeds (optional)
- mango, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 5 of the bananas, the mangoes, nuts, and vanilla in a high-speed blender. (If you don't have a high-speed blender, grind the vanilla bean in a spice or coffee grinder before adding to the other ingredients. If you don't have these, open the pod and scrape the seeds and pulp into your blender).
- Process until smooth.
- Slice the 6th banana and divide it among 4 serving bowls.
- Pour pudding into the serving bowls, garnish if desired, and serve immediately.