Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This actually has more the consistency of banana bread than cake. It comes out moist and delicious, even without the glaze!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 mangoes, diced small
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, and half of the diced mango until blended.
- Add banana mango mixture to the flour, stirring just enough to moisten throughout.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely before making glaze.
- Heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add rum and water.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly until reduced.
- Place the cake on a cake plate. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.