Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Bring the warmth into your winter with this Tropical sweet light textured bread that's made in the bread machine.
- 1 banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 mango, ripe, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter, room temperature
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, diced (mango,apples, raisins soaked in rum)
- Place all ingredients according to your machines directions, if wet goes in first place ingredients as listed in order keeping the salt and yeast apart. Reserving the dried fruit to be added at the beep for minutes before the kneading cycle ends.
- Set machine to basic /normal setting for medium crust.
- Press start. Add fruit when beeps.
- Now sit back and enjoy the aroma!
- Till you can remove it and cool on a rack.
This bread is amazing, I loved the flavour and the texture of this big loaf. All the fruit blended together to create a lovely flavour, nothing was overpowering. I enjoyed the bread toasted with a little butter, what a treat. I can't wait to make french toast with this bread. Thanks Rita.
Unfortunately it didnt like my breadmaker it seems. The bread rose but stayed a gooey mass in the center and collapsed when removed from the tin. Smelt great, shame it didnt work.