Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the alohaworld website (http://alohaworld.com/ono) and just adore it! I'm always looking for a good banana bread recipe and this one fits the bill! It's moist and has a nice crisp, almost caramelized crust. Now if I could just figure out how to keep the crust during storage!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, chopped coarsley
- 1 overripe banana, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add other ingrediendt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased loaf pan and let stand for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour or until nicely browned and the "skewer test" comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
Awesome. Made it into muffins. Used all ingredients as suggested except used frozen mango and brown sugar. Came out beautiful. Next time I may add a bit of whole grain flour and see if they still work.
I read other reviews and am thinking they reviewed the wrong recipe! This bread is super delicious, moist and flavorful. I only had one mango so I pur
I followed the recipe but used mauna loa macadamia baking pieces dry roasted but my kids don't care for the raisins so did not put this in,my bread came out so yummy. and my family enjoy it so much will have to make more. mahalo for sharing.