Recipe by Krista Smith
I found this recipe on the alohaworld website (http://alohaworld.com/ono) and just adore it! I'm always looking for a good banana bread recipe and this one fits the bill! It's moist and has a nice crisp, almost caramelized crust. Now if I could just figure out how to keep the crust during storage!
Top Review by BeaPpp
Awesome. Made it into muffins. Used all ingredients as suggested except used frozen mango and brown sugar. Came out beautiful. Next time I may add a bit of whole grain flour and see if they still work.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, chopped coarsley
- 1 overripe banana, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add other ingrediendt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased loaf pan and let stand for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour or until nicely browned and the "skewer test" comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.