Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded,cut in chunks
- 1 mango, peeled and seeded,cut in chunks
- 236.59 ml apple juice, prepared from frozen concentrate
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- In a blender, process all ingredients till combined but still slightly chunky.
- Chill and serve, garnished with chopped chives or green onion tops.
On my own I don't think I would have ever put mango and avocado together. It is fantastic. I didn't have apple juice so I used orange juice. I had limes not lemons....all good. This is a great summer refresher. It is only too bad that my mango and avocado don't fruit at the same time. I will just have to freeze or can mango for when the avocados are ready. I like the idea below of adding banana. I might try that next time.
This was a huge hit at my family party. I didn't add the water to make sure it was good and thick, more like a soup. Quick and easy to make, and filling. I'll be making this many times in the summer. Thanks for this winning combination. When I told people the name they thought is sounded like an unusual combination. Then when they tasted it they were very pleasantly surprised.
This was really good and I will definitely be making it again. It was really kind of elegant and hard to believe there were so few ingredients and was so easy to make! Also, I poured out about 2/3 for soup and pureed the rest for my 1yo liquitarian son. He wasn't impressed...until I added a banana and pureed. Then we were both happy! Thank you very much! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.