1/1 Photo of Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad
Halcyon Eve's Note:
From myrecipes.com, originally from Sunset magazine. Peaches (fresh or good canned) make a fine substitute if good, ripe mangoes (or canned mangoes) can't be found. The shrimp I've found that were the right size were Canadian shrimp; the fish counter at my supermarket had them available frozen upon request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large firm-ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (2 lbs. total)
- 2 medium firm-ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 lb. total)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chili pepper (or 1/2 tsp. dried red chile flakes)
- 1 lb peeled cooked shrimp (sized 70 to 110 per lb.)
- 1Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Add all salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- 3Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 19.8 g