From myrecipes.com, originally from Sunset magazine. Peaches (fresh or good canned) make a fine substitute if good, ripe mangoes (or canned mangoes) can't be found. The shrimp I've found that were the right size were Canadian shrimp; the fish counter at my supermarket had them available frozen upon request.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large firm-ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (2 lbs. total)
- 2 medium firm-ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 lb. total)
- 2⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chili pepper (or 1/2 tsp. dried red chile flakes)
- 1 lb peeled cooked shrimp (sized 70 to 110 per lb.)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 1 hour.
Excellent appearance and flavour. I sustituted lemon juice for lime juice and canned mango for fresh and all the family loved it.