Recipe by Sheynath
This is a light, refreshing salsa to serve with fish or chicken. It can stay good overnight one night, but that's about its limit. I rarely have to worry about leftovers, if there is any someone eats it as a salad.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 -2 firm ripe avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano chili
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and stone the mango and avocados.
- Dice into small cubes (1/4 inch).
- Peel and clean the onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger and chile.
- Cut any large items into small chunks.
- Place all ingredients escept the mango, avocado and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until very finely minced.
- Scrape into a bowl.
- Gently stir in the mango and avocado.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, salt and pepper and toss lightly to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve with fish, chicken or pork.