Recipe by Meredith K.
This salad is beautiful, refreshing and delicious! I got this from my sister, but originally it came from a cookbook -- I don't know which one. Prep time does not include time to chill before serving.
Top Review by Paris D
This was very good and very healthy. We doubled the recipe except for the mango and avocado (because we didn't have enough of those). I'm glad we didn't double the mango. I would recommend using 1/2 mango if you make the normal amount of the recipe. Otherwise, I think it would overwhelm the other flavors. I do wish we had had the correct amount of avocado, though. I really can't stand cabbage, so I was surprised by the fact that I liked this so much!! Thank you for posting it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 ripe mango, peeled,cut from pit and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,deveined and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and cubed
- 6 green onions, thinlly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup watercress, stemmed
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- salt & pepper