Top Review by John W Wenzelburger
I had a mango left over so I thought I would try this to use it up. It was good and a nice looking unusual dish. The dressing was good too, but don't put too much on. I did not use the peppers and only had regular lettuce. Don't skip the Cilantro it is needed, it adds quite a bit to the taste.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups frisee or 3 cups curly endive lettuce, cleaned & cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ounce toasted cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lime, vinegar, soy, oil, chile, coriander, tomato, cilantro, basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, set aside.
- Peel and slice mangoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Do the same with the avocado.
- Put the lettuce on an oval platter.
- Lay the mango and avocado slices on top, alternating.
- Pour dressing over and top with chopped cashews.