Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Warning this is hot! Enjoy!
Spicy orange vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, about 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red chili peppers or 1 hot pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a jar, close it tight and shake until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Soak the onion slices in warm water with a dash of salt and 1 tbs lime juice for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the onions slices.
- Toss the arugula leaves with half of the vinaigrette.
- Add the avocado slices, mango slices and onion slices to the arugula mix, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top.
- Serve immediately.
Wow, this salad was delicious! I loved the buttery avocado with the sweet mango, the citrus dressing just pulled it together perfectly! I have a calamondin tree, the little fruits are very sour so I subbed them for the lime juice; loved the touch of cumin, outstanding dressing! Made and reviewed for the Spain/Portugal Forum, July 2012
This was a delicious salad. It had a wonderful flavor. The only thing I changed was to cut it in half and I used a blend of lettuces and arugula. The champagne vinigar adds a really nice subtle flavor. This made a really great lunch, I had it with Eastern European Stuffed Eggs Perfect lunch. Thanks for sharing your recipe WiGal.
This was excellent!! The citrus flavored vinaigrette goes perfectly with the avocado, mango and arugula. I didn't have champagne vinegar, so I used balsamic and that worked! Thanks for a great recipe!