Recipe by WiGal
Warning this is hot! Enjoy!
Top Review by gemini08
Wow, this salad was delicious! I loved the buttery avocado with the sweet mango, the citrus dressing just pulled it together perfectly! I have a calamondin tree, the little fruits are very sour so I subbed them for the lime juice; loved the touch of cumin, outstanding dressing! Made and reviewed for the Spain/Portugal Forum, July 2012
Spicy orange vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, about 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red chili peppers or 1 hot pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a jar, close it tight and shake until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Soak the onion slices in warm water with a dash of salt and 1 tbs lime juice for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the onions slices.
- Toss the arugula leaves with half of the vinaigrette.
- Add the avocado slices, mango slices and onion slices to the arugula mix, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top.
- Serve immediately.