1/1 Photo of Mango-Apricot Bread
1 hr 30 mins
This is a dense, deliciously spicy fruit bread! Because of the mango chunks, slicing can be difficult so I usually cut the bread in half lengthwise and then cut horizontally into "bars" much like brownies. The apricots complement the mango, and the walnuts and coconut add texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 4In another bowl, beat together the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy (sometimes I just do this by hand instead of using the mixer; the mixture is less airy, and the bread becomes more dense and rich).
- 5Stir in the egg, then the vanilla.
- 6Blend this mixture into the flour mixture.
- 7Now fold in the mango, apricots, walnuts and coconuts; do not overmix.
- 8Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, then bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango-Apricot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2580.5
- Calories from Fat 1263
- Total Fat 140.3 g
- Saturated Fat 52.1 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 2257.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 319.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 207.3 g
- Protein 28.0 g