Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
An adaptation of a Del Monte 5 A Day recipe. If you're bored with chicken stir-fry try this for a bit more zip. If you can't find any kind of andouille sausage try your favorite and add a bit of cajun seasoning. Prep time does not include cooking rice.
- 12 ounces andouille chicken sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped or halved
- 2 soft mangoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Slice sausages crosswise into bite sized pieces, brown in hot oil in wok.
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar and ginger in small bowl.
- Add bell pepper and pecans to wok and stir-fry until slightly tender but still brightly colored.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir until hot.
- Reduce heat and add mangoes and salt and pepper, heat for one more minute.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Easy to make, my kids enjoyed it. I had to use frozen mangoes this round(winter in MN-yikes). I also added pineapple chunks and used almonds instead of pecans. Overall is was tasty!