Recipe by KimTexan
We use to eat out a lot before having kids. Thai is one of our favorite kinds of food. We use to order Mango and Sticky Rice when it was in season. I made several attempts before I came up with one I liked. This is my most requested desert in the summer.
- 3 -4 large mangoes (Kent or Hayden variety are best)
- 1 cup sweet rice, uncooked the kind i buy has corn starch added and is short grained (bought at Asian stores)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in water till rice is cooked and water is all soaked up. Cook on low so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. You will need to stir often with this rice.
- Peel and cut up mangoes while the rice is cooking.
- Add coconut milk and Splenda and cook for 5 minutes on medium stirring often.
- Serve warm with mangos sliced/diced on top of rice.