Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple colourful salad--ideal at a barbecue or picnic.
Make and share this Mango and Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 600 ml cooked rice
- 5 ml curry powder
- 2 ml turmeric
- 25 ml fruit chutney
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 4 fibreless mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, sliced
- endive or 1 frilly type lettuce, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients and place in serving dish.
- Chill well before serving.
- Garnish with endive.
Very flavorful rice. Great for a summer salad. We had this with steak and lamb chops on the grill. Good contrast of flavors and colors. I might used less onion next time as it overpowered it a bit (or use green onion instead). Thanks for posting this delightful recipe, Norahs Girl. (: