Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Source: Land O' Lakes Note: Cooking time is minimum freezing time.
Make and share this Mango and Raspberry Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups frozen mango sorbet, slightly softened (1 pint)
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh raspberries (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup peeled chopped fresh mango
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with floured fingers.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Spread mango sorbet over cooled crust.
- Place raspberries in single layer over sorbet.
- Place in freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Combine 3 tablespoons butter and cream cheese in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar; continue beating until well mixed.
- Increase speed to high; beat, gradually adding whipping cream, until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in fresh mango and vanilla.
- Spread evenly over raspberries.
- Freeze until firm (4 hours or overnight).
- Let dessert stand 20 to 30 minutes to soften before cutting.
This was certainly a different kind of dessert for me, & AN OUTSTANDING WARM WEATHER DESSERT, too! Really enjoyed the flavor combo of mango & raspberries, & then with the topping, it was well-worth making! A keeper, too! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]