1/2 Photos of Mango and Port Chutney
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is in answer to a question on the threads, I have not made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (1.7kg)
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 large white onions, chopped finely (400g)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped raisins (170g)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 fresh Thai red chili peppers, chopped finely
- 2 cups sugar (440g)
- 3 cups malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1Combine ingredients in a large heavy-base saucepan; stir over heat without boiling; until sugar dissolves.
- 2Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture thickens.
- 3Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised hars; seal while hot.
- 4Storage- In cool, dark place for about 6 months, refrigerate after opening.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango and Port Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 128.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g