Recipe by Latchy
This is in answer to a question on the threads, I have not made it.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Very good chutney recipe that is well worth a try. I found that 1.7 kg of mango is more like 8 medium mangoes. The end result is almost 8 cups of chutney. Assume 1 cup per mango. Initial taste tryout is very promising. Should mature well.
- 4 medium mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (1.7kg)
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 2 large white onions, chopped finely (400g)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped raisins (170g)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 fresh Thai red chili peppers, chopped finely
- 2 cups sugar (440g)
- 3 cups malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a large heavy-base saucepan; stir over heat without boiling; until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised hars; seal while hot.
- Storage- In cool, dark place for about 6 months, refrigerate after opening.