Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh African salad.
- 1⁄2 medium pineapple, peeled
- 2 small mangoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- watercress leaf
- Cut pineapple, mangoes and bananas into 3/4 inch pieces.
- In salad bowl combine peppers, vinegar and salt.
- Add cut fruit, mixing well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with crisp watercress sprigs.
My DH just loved this! Easy to make too! I was a bit skeptical of the vinegar but I found that the vinegar mixes with the natural juices of the fruit and creates a tart yet sweet "sauce". Very tasty and refreshing, and only a few ingredients to deal with. Will definitely make this again over the summer - it would be great picnic food. Made for ZWT7 AFRICA and the HOT PINK LADIES!
Very nice and refreshing salad. Excellent flavor and it's real easy to make! Made for ZWT7, Saucy Silverados.