Recipe by Sharon123
This is yummy and makes a tasty topping for vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Abby Girl
This is a fast and easy recipe to put together and I ended up with 4 half pint jars. As it was, I had some ripe mango and some lime to use up and just happened to have a can of pineapple in the cupboard. I took the other reviewer's suggestions and cut the sugar down to 1 cup. I may have overcooked the jam a bit because it came out very, very thick. Do try it over ice cream...it is quite the treat. I mix some of the jam with some brandy to thin it out and heated it up a bit over the stove...then poured over the ice cream. I think giving it a water bath might be a good idea as I had 2 jars that did not seal. I would do this recipe again!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel mango and cut in small pieces, then mash with potato masher to bring juice out.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until thick.
- Pour into small sterilized jars.
- Seal and store in cool place.