Recipe by Sonya01
Trifles is a tradition in our house a Christmas. This is a different, more modern version.
- 600 g madiera cake, crust trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum (malibu)
- 500 g frozen mango cheeks
- 1 ripe mango, cut into a dice
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 4 mint leaves, finely shredded
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake into 2cm cubes and divide amongst four large glasses. Drizzle over Malibu and set aside so that the cake will soak in the liquor.
- Process frozen mango cheeks until smooth and pour over soaked cake. Place into refrigerator.
- In the meantime, combine diced mango, pineapple and mint and mix well. Spoon fruit over mango puree and return to refrigerator.
- Whip cream and sugar together until thick and stir through lime and mascarpone. Top trifle with cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.