Trifles is a tradition in our house a Christmas. This is a different, more modern version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g madiera cake, crust trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum (malibu)
- 500 g frozen mango cheeks
- 1 ripe mango, cut into a dice
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 4 mint leaves, finely shredded
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
- 1Cut cake into 2cm cubes and divide amongst four large glasses. Drizzle over Malibu and set aside so that the cake will soak in the liquor.
- 2Process frozen mango cheeks until smooth and pour over soaked cake. Place into refrigerator.
- 3In the meantime, combine diced mango, pineapple and mint and mix well. Spoon fruit over mango puree and return to refrigerator.
- 4Whip cream and sugar together until thick and stir through lime and mascarpone. Top trifle with cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango and Pineapple Individual Trifles
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 31.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of