Recipe by fognozzle2030
Mango and Pineapple Chutney – An easy condiment that is great with chicken, fish, shrimp ,sandwiches and as a dip.
- 2 -3 large mangoes, peeled and chopped or 2 -3 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapenos pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (granulated, coconut, brown or combination)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mangoes, ginger, garlic, onions, Jalapenos, bell pepper, spices, sugar and vinegar in a large stainless steel sauce- pan. Bring to a boil,then cook, uncovered for about 20 minutes or more, until tender and the sauce thickens.
- Remove let it cool, refrigerate and start using- with last more than a month in the fridge, covered.