Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fresh salsa is great served with dips and chips and is well worth the effort of all that chopping. It is also fat free, very good for you and really tasty!
- 2 ripe peaches, diced (you could use canned)
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into very fine half rings
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, very finely diced
- 1 chili pepper, de seeded and diced finely (optional)
- 6 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped (cilantro, approx)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- black pepper
- Mix everything together seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- You want some of the peaches and mango to be chopped into bigger chunks than the rest of the ingredients so that they stand out a little.
- After an hour or two the salsa will have leaked a little liquid, in this case, pour most of it off and mix the rest back inches.
- I love fruit!
Great salsa! I don't care for onion so left it out, and I chopped everything finely. The lime juice added a nice zip to this. Yummy with tortilla chips - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is yummy!!! I didn't have any coriander or a chili pepper so I omitted the coriander and used chili powder(about 2 tbsp or so) and it is so good! I made it to garnish my pork chops for tonight