Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a website
- 4 alphonso mangoes, peeled,pitted,and chopped coarse (you can use any mango, about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium papaya, peeled,seeded,and chopped coarse
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices limes, for garnish
- In a blender blend all ingredients except the garnish till smooth add more ice cubes if you like the consistency a little thinner.
- Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with lime slices.
What a refreshing smoothie! The two fruits complement each other nicely. I used vanilla ice cream -shame on me :)- instead of yogurt, and it was fabulous. The hint of lime, honey and cumin made this drink truly special. Try it, you'll like it - anytime of year! THANKS! KittyCat1225
Absolutely delicious! I made as directed only used more honey than called for...what a refreshing summertime drink..DH and myself loved it...Thanks so much Fay for sharing...Kittencal:)
So refreshing, wonderful. I only used 2 mangoes and half of a mexican papaya (they are large). Keep the rest of the measurements the same. Also, I used low-fat vanilla yogurt in place of the plain. A nice pleasing combination of flavors.