Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious salsa that is very good with grilled fish (tuna, swordfish). It is also very good with Corn Chips or Nacho Chips.
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe
- 1⁄4 honeydew melon
- 1 mango
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 5 cherry tomatoes (firm)
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 clove garlic or 1⁄2 clove garlic salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 -5 slices star fruit, for garnish
- I also like to add a couple of sprinkles of Cumin.
- It adds a really nice flavour.
- Honey is also optional, if the lime is really tart, you may want to add a small teaspoon of honey.
- Cube the melons, mango, and red pepper.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Slice the red onion into very thin rounds.
- Combine in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp.
- garlic salt, or mix in pulversized garlic.
- Add the lime juice.
- Chop and add the cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, cayenne, salt, and cumin.
- Mix together.
- (At this point the smell is heavenly).
- Garnish with a few thin slices of star fruit.
- (For me this is purely an aesthetic thing).
- If it is too sour, add a bit of sugar or honey.
What a lovely compliment to grilled swordfish! I followed the recipe except for the honeydew melon, which I didn't have, and also the star fruit. I don't feel like they took away from the taste. I was very cautious with the cumin, and will use just a little more next time. Thanks, Carole in Orlando