Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can never seem to eat enough heart of palm. This recipe is from Martha Stewart and the mango and heart of palm work wonderful together. Sometimes it's nice to throw in some avocado too!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce, washed and dried (about 8 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice and Dijon.
- Set vinaigrette aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss mango, onion, hearts of palm, and half the vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide lettuce among four plates; top with mango mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
Light and colorful! The dressing is so easy to make but very good! I added 3/4 lb. cooked shrimp and it was the perfect warm weather dinner for two people.