Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I love Sorbet. It's great for getting rid of any old fruit that needs eating. So you can think of this recipe as a mold. What you need is a base syrup- the water and the sugar, a flavour- blended up fruit, lemon/lime juice, whatever. If you want you can also add a contrasting flavour, in this case, the ginger. You can use your imagination with this one, but as a base, you can't go wrong with mango and ginger- yum!
- heat water and sugar. add jasmine and 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped into pea sized pieces) when simmering. allow to boil for one minute, and then cool.
- peel mangos and take the core out.
- blend with the rest of the ginger.
- strain the syrup and add to the mango. add the candied ginger here too. blend.
- pour into a container, cool, then freeze.
- when semi-solid, mash with a fork and refreeze.
- when fully frozen, blend, then freeze again for at least 2 hours before serving.
- keeps well for about 1 1/2 weeks.
This was a wonderful, low-cal treat! I simply threw the mangos in the food processor, along with the syrup, after it cooled. I can't stand jasmine tea, so I used mint green tea instead and it was absolutely wonderful. The mint adds as nice, extra-cooling effect. Tons of flavor, none of the calories. Too bad it is November, because this would be a wonderful way to cool off in the summer. Thanks for sharing!