Kiwi Kathy's Note:
A superb side dish or serve as a vegetarian main. For the grains you can use either quinoa or amaranth grains. Low GI.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa or 1 1/3 cups amaranth
- 500 g mangoes, firm-ripe, peeled, pitted and cut into 1 cm chunks
- 1 red capsicum, 1/2 cm, diced
- 1 chili, fresh, seeded (if desired for less heat)
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped fresh
- 1/2 cup peanuts, salted roasted, chopped
- 1Whisk together yoghurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
- 2Rinse quinoa (or amaranth) in a bowl using 5 changes of water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off water (if quinoa does not settle,drain in a large sieve after each rinsing).
- 3Cook quinoa (or amaranth) in a large pot of boiling salted water 10 minutes. Drain in a large sieve and rinse under cold running water.
- 4Set sieve with quinoa (or amaranth) over a saucepan containing 4cm boiling water (sieve should not touch the water) and steam the grains, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5Toss with curried yoghurt and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango and Curried Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: