Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is adapted from a recipe given to me by a caterer that I have worked with. It is similar to other recipes on Zaar but I love this one for its simplicity and warm, fresh flavour so thought I would post it anyway.
- Add the rice and water to a medium pan and simmer, covered, until the rice is cooked and the water has almost all been absorbed.
- When the rice is cooked, add the cream of coconut, milk, light brown sugar and cinnamon to the pan and stir. Once the liquid has had a chance to warm, taste it and add as much granulated sugar as needed to suit your preference, up to 1/4 cup.
- Simmer the rice pudding for 40-45 minutes, checking and stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, peel and core the mango. Finely dice the flesh and set aside.
- When the rice pudding is nearly at the right consistency, add the diced mango and cook for another 2 minutes, to allow the mango to soften slightly.
- Take off the heat and leave to stand for a few minutes for the flavours to blend.
- Serve and enjoy!
Very good and easy to make. To our taste, it was too sweet. When I make it again (and I will!), I will use less brown sugar and no granulated sugar. We enjoyed it. Made for ZWT6 2010.
Very Nice easy creamy comforting rice pudding. I used jasmine rice and 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend. I also enjoyed mine with fresh peaches in place of mangos. Made for the Holiday tag game.
Lovely mix of flavours, I used short grain just cos I needed to use it up and prefer the texture. Turned out really creamy and will definately use this on the pub menu this Autumn - thanks for posting. Made for zaar tag.