Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Wonderful rice I am in love with! I am making this for Valentine's day this year.
- 1 large raw mango (The mango should be sour)
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (I use Kohinoor brand)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 8 fresh curry leaves, washed
- 5 red chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the raw mango with the peel.
- Make a paste of coconut, cumin seeds and red chillies.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium flame.
- Once its hot, toss in the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow to crackle.
- Once they stop crackling, add the ground paste and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and then add curry leaves.
- In a broad based vessel, warm the rice by adding ghee.
- While mixing, take care that the rice does not break.
- In another vessel, now add the raw mango and keep mixing it on low flame.
- After 3-4 minutes, remove from flame.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add it to the cooked rice with the required salt.
- Mix softly and garnish it with finely chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any spicy gravy or pappadams.
- Add more red chilli powder if required.
- Serve hot and enjoy!