Originally found this in a chicken cookbook, wish I could remember the name. Changed up the dressing a bit. This makes a lovely entree on a hot summer night.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 mangoes, cut into 1/2 inch by 1 inch pieces
- 12 lychees, quartered (canned work fine)
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 -6 cups green lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pinch cumin
- black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and put in a large bowl with mangoes and lychee nuts.
- Add red peppers to a pan of simmering water for 1 minute to blanch; remove from heat, rinse and drain.
- Add the peppers to the bowl with chicken and fruit.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a second bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can do the steps above earlier and finish the salad off just before serving.
- Combine the chicken, peppers and fruit with the dressing.
- Create beds of lettuce on serving plates; scoop dressed salad into the center of the plate.