1/2 Photos of Mango and Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
Originally found this in a chicken cookbook, wish I could remember the name. Changed up the dressing a bit. This makes a lovely entree on a hot summer night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 mangoes, cut into 1/2 inch by 1 inch pieces
- 12 lychees, quartered (canned work fine)
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 -6 cups green lettuce leaves
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and put in a large bowl with mangoes and lychee nuts.
- 2Add red peppers to a pan of simmering water for 1 minute to blanch; remove from heat, rinse and drain.
- 3Add the peppers to the bowl with chicken and fruit.
- 4Combine all ingredients for dressing in a second bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5You can do the steps above earlier and finish the salad off just before serving.
- 6Combine the chicken, peppers and fruit with the dressing.
- 7Create beds of lettuce on serving plates; scoop dressed salad into the center of the plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango and Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 57.6 g