Recipe by loveleesmile
Was a little leery--ok who am I kidding--very leery at first. But after one taste I am sold on this flavor combo! From the Surreal Gourmet.
Top Review by Laureen in B.C.
These are Great. I have been making them for a couple of years now. I have served them at many cocktail parties and the guests always love them. I make mini Quesadillas by cut small rounds out of the original Tortillas then filling and baking them. Thanks for Posting
Mango and brie quesadilla
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 serrano chilies or 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and, diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, and, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, leaves, chopped, stems discarded before before measuring
- 8 ounces brie cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
Sour cream and lime dipping sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mango and Brie Quesadilla.
- Tortillas are available in all grocery stores but sometimes hidden in the refrigerated or frozen food sections.
- The mango, if unavailable, may be replaced with a papaya o pear.
- Rind removal for the Brie is optional—but I always remove it.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the dry pan for approximately 1 minute per side, or until it just begins to brown. Remove. Repeat with the second tortilla. (If your tortilla expands like a blowfish, poke it with a fork to release the hot air.).
- After the second tortilla has browned, leave it in the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Spread half of the mango evenly over the tortilla, then top with half of the peppers, scallions, cilantro and Brie strips. Top with the first tortilla. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the quesadilla with a spatula, re-cover the pan, and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. (Don’t worry if a bit of cheese escapes and begins to sizzle loudly.).
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan, let sit for 1 minute, then slice into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Serve immediately with the sour cream dipping sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Sour Cream and Lime Dipping Sauce:.
- Blend sour cream, lime juice and salt with a fork until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small decorative bowl or teacup and refrigerate.