Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Bloomingfoods Co-op, Bloomington, IN
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 177.44 ml frozen corn, caramelized
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 0 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml red onion, thinly sliced and marinated
- 36.97 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- Marinate the sliced red onion in the lime juice and lime zest for 30 minutes in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the corn by heating a saute pan over medium-high heat with the oil.
- Add corn and the sugar and saute until the corn is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients with the marinated onions and cooled corn.
- Toss gently and add salt to taste.
This is a tasty, filling, and of course, pretty side dish. I found the salad lasted several days in the refrigerator; I just added the diced avocado and some fresh chopped cilantro just before serving.