Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Bloomingfoods Co-op, Bloomington, IN
Make and share this Mango and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, caramelized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced and marinated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Marinate the sliced red onion in the lime juice and lime zest for 30 minutes in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the corn by heating a saute pan over medium-high heat with the oil.
- Add corn and the sugar and saute until the corn is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients with the marinated onions and cooled corn.
- Toss gently and add salt to taste.
This is a tasty, filling, and of course, pretty side dish. I found the salad lasted several days in the refrigerator; I just added the diced avocado and some fresh chopped cilantro just before serving.