From the column "Just Food" from the City Times newspaper which comes alongwith the Khaleej Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g silken tofu
- 300 g mango pulp (To ensure the best flavour, make sure the fruit is very ripe)
- 150 g sugar syrup
- 1 orange
- 200 g bananas
For Raspberry Fruit Leather
- 1Blend together the tofu, bananas and mango until smooth.
- 2Heat glucose syrup slightly.
- 3Stir into blended ingredients.
- 4Finely grate the orange, squeeze the juice, and add to the mixture.
- 5Freeze in an ice-cream maker, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 6If ice-cream machine is unavailable, freeze the mixture in a bowl, allow to semi-freeze and beat again with electric beaters.
- 7Allow to freeze again until firm and beat again.
- 8Serve with raspberry leather and fresh fruits of your choice.
- 9To prepare the raspberry fruit leather, blend the raspberries and sieve through a fine strainer.
- 10If adding sugar to sweeten, add to the puree and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 11Spread in a thin layer on a silpat (silicon baking sheet available in speciality baking stores).
- 12Place on a baking tray.
- 13Allow to dry in a low oven with the door ajar.
- 14Leave until the raspberry fruit leather can be peeled off the silpat- approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- 15Tear or cut into pieces to serve.
- 16Store in an airtight container for upto 1 week.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango And Banana Tofu 'Ice Cream' with Raspberry Fruit Leather
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: