Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
From the column "Just Food" from the City Times newspaper which comes alongwith the Khaleej Times.
- 200 g silken tofu
- 300 g mango pulp (To ensure the best flavour, make sure the fruit is very ripe)
- 150 g sugar syrup
- 1 orange
- 200 g bananas
For Raspberry Fruit Leather
- 500 g fresh raspberries or 500 g frozen raspberries
- sugar (optional)
- Blend together the tofu, bananas and mango until smooth.
- Heat glucose syrup slightly.
- Stir into blended ingredients.
- Finely grate the orange, squeeze the juice, and add to the mixture.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- If ice-cream machine is unavailable, freeze the mixture in a bowl, allow to semi-freeze and beat again with electric beaters.
- Allow to freeze again until firm and beat again.
- Serve with raspberry leather and fresh fruits of your choice.
- To prepare the raspberry fruit leather, blend the raspberries and sieve through a fine strainer.
- If adding sugar to sweeten, add to the puree and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread in a thin layer on a silpat (silicon baking sheet available in speciality baking stores).
- Place on a baking tray.
- Allow to dry in a low oven with the door ajar.
- Leave until the raspberry fruit leather can be peeled off the silpat- approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- Tear or cut into pieces to serve.
- Store in an airtight container for upto 1 week.