Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great looking sundae from Nigeria. Adapted from The African Cookbook by Ben Sandler.
Make and share this Mango and Banana Sundae recipe from Food.com.
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- vanilla ice cream
- cinnamon (optional)
- brown sugar (optional)
- peanuts (optional)
- Place mango and banana pieces in a large bowl. Add lemon and orange juice. Toss lightly.
- Scoop ice cream into a sundae dish and cover with the mixed fruit. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar, if desired, or nuts.
This was good and a little different from the 'usual' sundae. We used all the optional bits and I think it really needs the cinnamon in particular to tie it all together. Made for ZWT4 Daffy Daffodils
Delicious,I used splenda [ brown ]for the brown sugar.It was a nice change from a whole bunch of whipping cream on top.
The mango was very sweet and juicy with the banana being ripe but not overly ripe. I had some orange juice that was covering fresh pineapple and I used that with the fruit. The vanilla ice cream was a no sugar added frozen yogurt. I had a little already toasted coconut that was "screaming" at me so I topped these off with a sprinkling of a chopped nut mixture and the toasted coconut. This is really delicious and a healthier dessert.