Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious with chips or served over grilled salmon.
- 3 medium ripe avocados (preferably pebbly-skinned Hass)
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno chile, stemmed,seeded,and minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Halve one avocado, remove pit, and scoop flesh into medium bowl.
- Mash flesh lightly with onion, garlic, chile, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cumin (if using) with tines of fork until just combined.
- Halve, pit, and cube remaining two avocados, following illustrations at right.
- Add cubes to bowl with mashed avocado mixture.
- Cube mangoes and add to avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle lime juice over diced avocado and mango and mix entire contents of bowl lightly with fork until combined but still chunky.
- Adjust seasonings with salt, if necessary, and serve.
Used 2 mangos & 2 avocados instead of 3 - abit more lime juice b/c had to refrig & did not want avocao browning. 1 whole seeded jalapeno made for a a delicious slow heat that creeps up on you - cool, smooth texure & crunch of fresh tortilla chips with mellow warmth - PEFECT WITH ICED MARGARITAS!!!
I had one mango and one avocado so adjusted recipe accordingly and ate the whole thing myself!!! Used 1 whole clove garlic, several pickled jalapeno slices and no cilantro. Wonderful.