Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light, refreshing drink very popular in central America. A great thirst quencher! The recipe was inspired by Maria Gonzales, a street food vendor and Whole Planet Foundation borrower, who lives in León, Nicaragua, via the Whole Foods store.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water (try this with club soda for a bubbly drink!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (to taste, or agave nectar)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- In a blender, combine mango and water and blend until smooth. Pour through a strainer into ice-filled glasses. You should end up with about 1 cup of liquid. Stir in lime juice and agave. Garnish with lime and mint, and serve.
As offered, this drink really was light & refreshing! This is not a smoothie, but a perfectly balanced drink with the mango sweetness mellowed by the water & perked up by the lime juice for an everyday refreshing beverage. I used a very ripe sweet Honey Haitian Mango too. It was super fast & easy to make. I feel the future cravings for this refreshment on hot humid Summer days already! Thanks for sharing another fantastic beverage recipe! [Made & Reviewed for Everyday is a Holiday Tag]
A great start to the day! I used agave nectar to sweeten. My mango wasn't as sweet or flavorful as I would have liked, so I added a little extra lime juice and some Stevia. I also used the club soda option and added a few ice cubes to the blender. YUMMO. Thanks. Made for VEG*N SWAP.
This was wonderful Sharon, a nice light, subtley flavored treat. We enjoyed it very much, after a long day of painting. I did add more lime juice and honey, a personal preference only. I will be making this quick and easy to make drink often. Thank you so much for sharing.