Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is this week's winning recipe from the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Shashi Shetty!
- 10 -12 sardines
- 10 -12 red chilies
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 7 -8 fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 7 -8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 5 -6 green chilies, washed,de-seeded and slit lengthwise
- 1 of maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a tbsp.
- of oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add red chillies, corriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and black peppercorns.
- Roast on slow flame.
- Cool the roasted masala.
- Add coconut, onion, tamarind and garlic to it.
- Mix well and put this into a grinder/blender bowl.
- Grind this well in it.
- Put the ground masala into the pot in which you will be cooking your Sardine curry.
- Add the required quantity of water to make the curry.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add green chillies and 1 cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Make sure that the stock cube has completely dissolved.
- When the curry has boiled for about 10 minutes, add the sardines and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish the curry with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice!