Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sooooooo good! Well at least we think so!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, garnish (optional)
- In shallow dish place flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and pepper. Mix well with a whisk.
- Pat chops dry with paper towel. Dredge into flour mixture.
- Heat large pan with olive oil. When hot, add chops and cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops and add about 1/3 cup flour mixture into oil in pan. Add broth and stir. Cook 5 minutes on low. Stir in buttermilk.
- Put chops back in pan and cover with gravy mixture. Simmer 5 minutes or until chops are done and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
This is the pork chop recipe I will now be using the most. the gravy is outstanding, It must be the buttermilk. I let the chops simmer in the gravy for about 30 min. so tender and moist.
Mandy at our house we also think these are soooooo good. thanks for posting
one of the best I have found on this site.
made this for breakfast with eggs. wouldn't change a thing. looking forward to making it again.