1/3 Photos of Mandy's Baked Mac & Cheese
This mac & cheese is absolutely delicious! I had never liked mac & cheese, but my mom had me try some of my Aunt Mandy's one night and I fell in love... I had to get the recipe! It's actually pretty simple to make. My aunt spent years trying different ingredients & methods and finally found the perfect way. So here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles.
- 3While noodles are cooking make the medium white sauce: melt the stick of butter in a pan on stove top on high heat. When melted, add the flour and stir until smooth. Slowly add the milk while constantly stirring so it doesn't lump. When it's of a nice, medium thick consistency, add 3 cups of the cheese. Let melt while stirring constantly. When melted, turn off stove.
- 4Pour some of the sauce in a 13" x 9" x 2" rectangular pan until it fills about the bottom 1/2" of the pan.
- 5Add the noodles and then pour rest of sauce on top. Stir together.
- 6Put last 3 cups of cheese on top.
- 7Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandy's Baked Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.8 mg
- Sodium 549.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.7 g