Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This mac & cheese is absolutely delicious! I had never liked mac & cheese, but my mom had me try some of my Aunt Mandy's one night and I fell in love... I had to get the recipe! It's actually pretty simple to make. My aunt spent years trying different ingredients & methods and finally found the perfect way. So here it is!
- 4 cups noodles (any type of tubular pasta works best)
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 2⁄3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook noodles.
- While noodles are cooking make the medium white sauce: melt the stick of butter in a pan on stove top on high heat. When melted, add the flour and stir until smooth. Slowly add the milk while constantly stirring so it doesn't lump. When it's of a nice, medium thick consistency, add 3 cups of the cheese. Let melt while stirring constantly. When melted, turn off stove.
- Pour some of the sauce in a 13" x 9" x 2" rectangular pan until it fills about the bottom 1/2" of the pan.
- Add the noodles and then pour rest of sauce on top. Stir together.
- Put last 3 cups of cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I added a good bit of pepper as we thought it needed some seasoning. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Easy mac & cheese.